When managing the files that we have stored in the Google cloud, the search giant puts at our disposal the Google Drive application, an application that has just been updated to adopt the new design that Google has been adopting in most of its applications: Material Design.
Little by little, the applications available in both Android and iOS from Google have been adapting to the new design. The last one that has just been updated of those that are available in the App Store is Google Drive. According to Google, Material Design aesthetics is designed to unify the design of applications with G Suite.
What's new in the Google Drive update on iOS
- The Google Drive update offers us a new start tab in the lower part of the application. Similar to Google Drive in its version for desktop, the home tab will show us the most important files based on the last one that was edited or accessed, with whom it is shared and what files we use at certain times of the day.
- The lower navigation bar is now more intuitive and includes options to access Home, selected files, files shared by us or with us and all files, which allows us to access more quickly the most important files.
- The search bar it is more accessible, from all sections of the application.
- The method to change accounts is now moving the navigation menu from the left in the upper right corner.
- The action menu emphasizes the actions that we use more frequently. In addition, the slide switches for starring or downloading on the device have been modified by buttons.
Google Drive – storage