▷ The League fined for spying the mobile phones of 50,000 individuals with its app

1
<pre>The League fined for spying the smartphones of 50,000 people with its app

Practically a year ago we were stating that the main application of La Liga of Spanish expert soccer utilized the microphone and area GPS mechadte of its users to discover particular scams. Now the Spanish Firm for Data Defense after studying the case to identified that a minimum of 50,000 users were spied on and condemns La Liga to pay a fine of 250,000 euros.

The genuine function of the app was find the bars, dining establishments or facilities that relay their soccer matches without paying the rights matching. In this method, through the microphone of your smart device and its area, you might discover where this kind of scams was being devoted.

Great to La Liga for spying on users

Possibly this is the only end of this function, however it is unclear if the application was continually listening and sending your area and just what was made with this information. Although this was consisted of in the terms of the La Liga app, "you can Trigger the microphone of your gadget to see if you are viewing football matches of LaLiga groups"And cautioned that" this details will be utilized to discover scams"

Barcelona-vs-Real-Madrid-640x360 ▷ The League fined for spying the mobile phones of 50,000 individuals with its app

It may interest you | Some of the most popular games on the App Store may have been viewing you

However, the Spanish Agency for Data Protection has decided fine with 250,000 euros to the estate for "an infringement of the principle of transparency when it comes to informing the app about the use of microphone functionality at the time of its application" as El Mundo has learned.

Recommended:
▷ Lens, the app for the Apple Watch that lets you take pleasure in Instagram

The League for its part has defended itself in a statement claiming that it sees no problem in these actions and that "it deeply disagrees with the interpretation of the AEPD and believes that it has not made the effort to understand how technology works: neither record, store, or listen to conversations" According to the statement, this technology eliminates 99.25% of the details remaining only with 0.75%, "so it is technically impossible to interpret the voice or human conversations".

They also claim that there is no lack of transparency because "in order for the microphone to be active, the user must expressly, proactively and on two occasions grant his consent". Now the body chaired by Javier Tebas has announced that it will appeal the sanction imposed by the Spanish Firm for Data Defense.

Source
The news was developed by the ORIGINAL AUTHOR of the link above, we sponsored the initial designer of the news without damaging his credibility nor web positioning.

Rate this post